Re: Two build problems

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Two build problems
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 20:56:12 -0400

Guile seems to build fine after "make distclean", so I guess the
problem was left-over files. I may also have installed another package
in an attempt to work around this, though. I'd rather not try
reverting package installs to see if I can break it again.

It's an unusual problem - in order to reproduce it, you have to have a
system with two distinct library directories, one of which has
uniconv.h but not unistr.h, and they have to have different
definitions of unitypes.h. I don't know of a good solution, but I
don't think it's worth worrying about right now. It should never occur
for distro builds of Guile, because they will be packaging all of
their libraries together, so they'll only have one version of
uniconv.h.

Noah