Re: 1.8 ‘send’ bug + re-engagement

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: 1.8 ‘send’ bug + re-engagement
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:27:45 +0200

Hi!

Thanks for the update!

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> skribis:

>    > i'd like to apply the fix myself (in the savannah repo), onto
>    > ‘branch_release-1-8’.
>
>    Yes, please do!  Can you apply it to stable-2.0 as well?
>
> Sorry, no; i lack sufficient bandwidth.

OK, I’ll do it if nobody beats me at it.

>    > [...]
>    > 60a29ff [...] libguile: Fix bug: Don't expect 'send' [...]
>    > d70f9c8 [...]
>    >
>    > Note that the fix is the penultimate change (60a29ff).  How about i
>    > push this to ‘ttn-back-in-the-saddle’ for review?
>
>    Makes sense, yes.
>
> OK, just pushed.  I await your review.

  commit ee70ab60d0cf2f995b8ec513024a309610f3cb78
  Author: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
  Date:   Wed Aug 22 14:51:33 2012 +0200

      Rename configure.in to configure.ac, twice

OK.

  commit 04d7f4a80fb84a7333bb58c831591a59f42ab59b
  Author: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
  Date:   Wed Aug 22 15:01:34 2012 +0200

      configure, int: Add abstraction: CONFIG_SCRIPT

OK, in principle.  Perhaps CONFIG_SCRIPT could take a list of files and
m4_foreach on them?

However, this kind of patches *must* be applied to stable-2.0 as well,
to avoid gratuitous divergence.

I’m not sure I can reasonably commit to keeping track of each single
commit that needs backporting, so I’d be happy if you would volunteer,
at least for this kind of simple patch.  WDYT?

  commit 4bfdc6b88ea7a794ee7dac87e4f9fe71c3c064b1
  Author: Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden>
  Date:   Thu Aug 23 17:26:10 2012 +0200

      Delete EOL whitespace; nfc

Hmm, that reminds me of a discussion we had before.  That’s fine only as
long as it doesn’t prevent merges.  How would Git handle that?

  commit 4099d14b93fc60ff6c8bd0d3f409bf30772d939f