Re: regexp-split for Guile

From: Chris K. Jester-Young
Subject: Re: regexp-split for Guile
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:55:15 -0400

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 08:59:33PM +0800, nalaginrut wrote:
> Anyway, if there're so many people like this nice thing, why not we add
> it (at any option of these three implementations) into ice-9?

Oh noes! This is where the bikeshedding begins. ;-)

Seriously, I do think having a regexp-split in (ice-9 regex) would be
good. The question is what interface is best. The one I presented is
a Perl-style one (as also used in Ruby and Java), which is easy to use,
easy to learn (if you come from one of those languages), and easy to
implement. So do we go with it, or do people have a better idea?

Cheers,
Chris.