Re: things are eq? but not generated at the same time

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: things are eq? but not generated at the same time
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 21:27:44 +0200

Yes, I can agree om that.

But this should be very stated clearly and perhaps added to a pitfall's section.

/Stefan

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:13 PM, Ian Price <address@hidden> wrote:
Stefan Israelsson Tampe <address@hidden> writes:

> Is this an optimization we need. I can figure out applications where you do
> not want this behavior e.g. I wan't to make distinct objects
> and add metadata by making a vector of it. Now different objects might have
> the same metadata and now go against my intuition and
> coerce the objects.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say, make vector of
what, the distinct objects? Then you can't do that as a vector literal
anyway. Anyway if vectors are immutable, as I believe they are, it
doesn't really harm to make them eq?

If you want distinctness and mutability, you can always call the vector
constructor.

--
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"