Re: SRFI-105 (curly-infix-expressions) marker #!srfi-105 ... could guile

From: David A. Wheeler
Subject: Re: SRFI-105 (curly-infix-expressions) marker #!srfi-105 ... could guile live with that?
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 08:12:36 -0400 (EDT)

svanleent:
>  From a pragmatic side, wouldn't it be better to just have a marker like
> #!curly-infix. The number 105 doesn't say much when reading the code,
> which is the whole reason for the existence of curly-infixing.

There are advantages either direction.  I agree with you on the advantage of
#!curly-infix, which was an alternative recommendation.  However, John Cowan
strongly argues that the advantage of #!srfi-105 is that it tells you "where to
go for more information", as well as being more general.

> Also, a file extension might change the folding mode. This could by
> something like .scmc (scheme-curly).

True.  We use .sscm for "sweet-scheme", for example.

--- David A. Wheeler