Re: guile.m4 for autogen

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile.m4 for autogen
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:36:01 +0200

Hi Bruce,

Bruce Korb <address@hidden> skribis:

> Hi Harlan,
>
> On 08/18/12 14:41, Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> Have you tried using pkg-config in autogen's configure to find the guile
>> CFLAGS and loader stuff?
>
> I'd prefer to use guile.m4, even though it uses guile-config.  It insists.
> Unfortunately, it does not work.  For me.
>
>> configure.ac:140: the top level
>> configure:14130: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS_FROM_LIBS
>>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>>       See the Autoconf documentation.
>> bootstrap failure:  trapped exit signal
>> mk-all: line 197:  5702 Killed

As the comment says:

  dnl AC_LIB_LINKFLAGS_FROM_LIBS is defined in gnulib/m4/lib-link.m4 and needs
  dnl the file gnulib/build-aux/config.rpath.

This means that these two files have to be imported in your project for
this to work.

I hadn’t noticed that, and I reckon that this is unfortunate.

The change dates back to Feb. 2011, by Bruno, so we’d have to check the
rationale.

Thanks,
Ludo’.