Re: Running non-scheme scripts: some thoughts

From: nalaginrut
Subject: Re: Running non-scheme scripts: some thoughts
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 11:12:04 +0800

> Personally I would think that having Guile guess by extension would be
> the, in most cases, most reliable. Otherwise there could be problems

Yes, my vote is gussing by extension. But also provide an option --lang
to specify in case the extension name conflicts or other problems.

> I would think that one of the best solution would be to have a switch
> to execute arbitrary commands such as ,L so you would call guile with
> `guile --switch ",L elisp"`. The separate executables could then be
> done as aliases if one wanted.

Personally, I think this "syntax" is a little too long. I prefer --lang.

Anyway, I'm happy that someone raised such a topic since I'm interested
in multi-language feature in Guile. ;-)