Re: Enhancement to the syntax system?

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: Enhancement to the syntax system?
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 10:04:15 +0200

Funny,  for guile I get,
scheme@(guile-user)> (define (f x) #`(let ((x 1)) #,x))
scheme@(guile-user)> (define-syntax m (lambda (x) (syntax-case x () ((_) #`(let ((x 2)) #,(f #'x))))))
scheme@(guile-user)> (m)
$1 = 1

I ported the racket matcher to guile and worked in that environment, so this illustrate the problem.
In racket the same idea will error out as you say (I did not find anything wrong with your example).
I do prefer the racket behavior of bailing out because it can help detecting the bug in stead of silently
behave against the intention for newbies. My original code where this issue comes from is located in
compat/racket/match/match.scm in the syntax-parse repo at

https://gitorious.org/guile-syntax-parse/guile-syntax-parse

This is the racket matcher implemented using syntax-parse!

These bugs should have been corrected though in that code!

/Stefan