Re: patching gcc to allow other calling conventions

From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe
Subject: Re: patching gcc to allow other calling conventions
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:53:57 +0200

Hmm, yes then it can work.

I would compile only to C at the first phase as you say as it should not be of too high
complexity to output the C part and be pretty swift although you are interpreting. Then the VM can compile all guile including code to emit and compile assembler and then one can add the possibility to compile to native code by some kind of just in time mechanism. Cool!

I will try to start investigating this approach.

/Stefan

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:57 PM, Daniel Krueger <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Stefan Israelsson Tampe
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On a second thought guile do have an initital interpreter that is either a
> vm or a native no?
> Perhaps one can make use of that somehow!

Yeah, I thought about that too, but thought first that it would be
impossible. But if you first only compile the interpreter code
(without the VM), then create the C file with the instructions and
compile the VM it should work. I think .. ^^

- Daniel