wip-rtl: macro-instructions, constants loading

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: wip-rtl: macro-instructions, constants loading
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:07:47 +0200

Another brief note before I go off to do other things.

I reworked the interface of the assembler to allow for
macro-instructions: instructions that don't correspond directly to a
particular opcode.  There are new macro-instructions for the function
prologue, loading constants of any kind, initializing slots of
constants, and emitting labels.  The basic instructions like
make-non-immediate now take labels again instead of constants.

With this, I was able to wire up the init procedure to relocate the
constants.  I've added a test case, and things are working for most
kinds of values.  Notable exceptions are arrays, uniform and otherwise.

OK, off to other things!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/