Re: SRFI-64 module and SRFI-78 module -- archive file attached

From: Sunjoong Lee
Subject: Re: SRFI-64 module and SRFI-78 module -- archive file attached
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 18:49:11 +0900

Hi, Noah;

I'd felt afraid of address@hidden because I'm just a newbie and a
poor enghlish reader/writer; especially of language problem.

Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'd just like to ask what your goal is for these modules. Are you just
> telling Guile users about these modules, or would you like them
> included with Guile itself?

My goal? Hum... Like other people, I'd googled when I'd needed a test
suite. I'd heard the SRFI 64 and SRFI 78 but not been able to use it
then. So, I'd tried with unit-test in guile-lib.

unit-test is good but my concern was abnormal case, i.e., error or
exception. unit-test supports assert-exception macro but I feel
insufficient when unexpected exception occur. So, I was back to SRFI 64
and made it work on Guile.

I think there are people googling for test suite like me. If Guile
include SRFI 64 in bundle, it would be helpful to them.

> If it's the first one, thank you very much. If it's the second, could
> you send this email again to address@hidden We'd be happy to
> talk about it there.
>
> Thanks a lot for writing Guile code,
> Noah Lavine

Talking about the original SRFI 64 implementation of Per's, i.e.,
reference or upstream, there was a bug and laked functionalities unless
on Kawa or MzScheme. I'm a newbie of scheme and begined at Guile but
might expand to Chicken and/or Gambit.

Portability of test suite might be important, I think. Test code using
my implementation will work on Chicken and Gambit too. Of course, it
will work on Kawa or MzScheme with the reference implementation.

I think a porting for Guile 2.0 is finished. There is one functionality
issue, a source code line numbering support, for Guile 1.8, Chicken and
Gambit.

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Sunjoong Lee <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> SRFI-64 - https://gitorious.org/srfi-64-guile/