Re: Patches for module/ice-9/occam-channel.scm

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Patches for module/ice-9/occam-channel.scm
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 08:06:38 -0400

Hello,

I talked some more with the maintainers. In general, everything that
goes in should have tests and documentation. This module isn't
documented to begin with, so you shouldn't have to fix that to
contribute (although of course we'd love that :-) ). However, we would
like tests for your changes, so we can catch regressions in the
future. Take a look in test-suite/tests for examples of how those
work.

Since these are relatively large changes, you'll also need to do a
copyright assignment. We assign the copyright on Guile to the Free
Software Foundation because under US law, the owner of a copyrighted
work is sometimes the only person with the power to sue over
violations of copyright. The FSF wants to be able to sue if people
violate the GPL, so we assign copyright. Please see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html for more information, or
email address@hidden to fill out a form.

Thanks a lot for contributing,
Noah