Do you recognize these modules?

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Do you recognize these modules?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:26:28 -0400

Hello all,

I was inspired by a recent post about (ice-9 occam-channel) to take a
look and see what modules don't have documentation. I've only looked
at the (ice-9 ...) modules so far, but there are a lot of them. (I
checked for documentation by going to the top-level info node for
Guile documentation in Emacs and searching the manual for any mention
of the module.)

I am happy to add documentation for some of these modules, but I'd
like to ask first to see if anyone on this list knows what they do. I
think this is also the time to ask if we want to remove some of these
modules instead of documenting them (especially (ice-9 lineio)). One
nice thing I learned in this project is that Guile has a lot of cool
data structures and algorithms built in. I think it would be great if
they were discoverable too.

Here are some notes I made as I went through ice-9/*.scm. Does anyone
know anything about these modules?

(ice-9 and-let-star) not documented (but also available as srfi-2?)

(ice-9 binary-ports) not really documented except by brief mention
under "R6RS I/O Ports"

(ice-9 calling) not documented at all.

(ice-9 channel) not documented at all.

(ice-9 command-line) not documented at all.

(ice-9 common-list) not documented at all.

(ice-9 control): shift* and reset* need documentation.

(ice-9 documentation) not documented at all.

(ice-9 expect): all but expect and expect-strings need documentation.

(ice-9 gap-buffer) not documented at all. is this module related to
Elisp support?

(ice-9 hcons) not documented at all.

(ice-9 lineio) not documented at all. but a comment in that module
says that it should be removed eventually. maybe the time is now?

(ice-9 list) not documented at all.

(ice-9 ls) not documented at all.

(ice-9 mapping) not documented at all.

(ice-9 match): everything except match needs documentation.

(ice-9 null) not documented at all. but maybe it's not supposed to be.

(ice-9 occam-channel) not documented at all.

(ice-9 poe) not documented at all.

(ice-9 poll) not documented at all.

(ice-9 popen): port/pid-table needs documentation.

(ice-9 runq): not documented at all.

(ice-9 safe-r5rs): not documented at all.

(ice-9 safe): not documented at all.

(ice-9 save-stack): not documented at all.

(ice-9 scm-style-repl): not documented at all.

(ice-9 serialize): not documented at all.

(ice-9 session): not documented at all.

(ice-9 stack-catch): not documented at all.

(ice-9 string-fun): not documented at all.

(ice-9 threads): the *par* procedures need documentation.

(ice-9 time): not documented at all.

(ice-9 top-repl): not documented at all.

(ice-9 weak-vector): not documented at all.

Thanks,
Noah