Re: About sweet-expression

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: About sweet-expression
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:53:28 +0800

Sorry for very slowly updating. Because I have lot of interesting
ideas to try. ;-)
Now I added "syntax-error" which could catch the error token location
and throw more details.
For a instance:
------------------------------------cut-------------------------------
sweet@(guile-user)> #c
While reading expression:
ERROR: Syntax error:
unknown file:2:2: Invalid #-prefixed string in form #\c
-------------------------------------end-----------------------------

But there're also BAD news, and I believe they are the
bugs/immature-things in the original code:
1.  Special chars can't be read. The curious point is the char will be
treated as a string.
And the string reader is Guile's "read". But the code do handle the
special chars.
--------------------cut--------------------
sweet@(guile-user)> #\space
While reading expression:
ERROR: In procedure string: Wrong type argument in position 1: (#\s . "pace")
--------------------end-------------------

2. I can't trace in Sweet mode. Maybe I missed something:
--------------------cut--------------------
sweet@(guile-user)> ,trace {1+1}
Throw to key `wrong-type-arg' while reading argument `form' of command `trace':
ERROR: In procedure car: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting pair): ()
--------------------end-------------------

3. Original code didn't handle the errors properly:
sweet@(guile-user)> {1*  1}
While reading expression:
ERROR: In procedure car: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting pair): ()
In this case, I think it should throw:
ERROR: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: #{1*}#

Well, I think if we use Guile's inner reader instead of my reader,
these problems maybe gone?