Re: Comments on ‘wip-nio’

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Comments on ‘wip-nio’
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:47:54 +0800

Besides, I think we need "write bytevector from port and return the successful size".
Just like "write-string!/partial". Now I have to use utf8->string to convert the bytevector to string.
Why we need such a thing? Because once we introduced Non-Block IO ,we can not write the whole bytevector in one time. When we get EAGAIN, we must skip the bytevector size which is successfully written then try again. So we need a "write-bytevector!/partial" or something else.
Fortunately, we don't need such a thing for Non-Block reading since we have call-with-bytevector-output-port which could record the size we received conveniently.