Re: Halt while building guile

From: Andrew Horton
Subject: Re: Halt while building guile
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:31:25 +0000

On 16/03/2012 10:34, Nala Ginrut wrote:
I didn't saw any error with your information, and I think it's normal. The *.go compiling is very slow even if you have a good machine. So be patient.
Actually, I've noticed this too. The guile executable gets stuck and uses 0% CPU. You can interrupt it and try again and sometimes it works, sometimes gets stuck again on a different file, so I assume there's some sort of race. This is on OS X. I've held off mentioning it until I had a chance to investigate, and also because I'm using the bleeding edge bdwgc, and I wondered whether that was supported. I think it might be trying to get a mutex that it already holds. This started happening for me maybe a month ago.

Anyhow, I attach a stack trace of the "stuck" guile on my machine (8 cores).