Re: Build/performance trouble?

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Build/performance trouble?
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 21:00:50 +0000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> FYI, something seems awry in my automatic daily Guile build.
>
> I noticed that the build machine is spending much longer churning away
> than it normally does.  Today I found that this is while building the
> master branch, and that it apparently spent all day trying
> unsuccessfully to
>
>   GUILEC language/tree-il/analyze.go
>
> Also, looking at the benchmark graphs at
> http://ossau.homelinux.net/~neil/bm_master_i.html, there's a bunch of
> benchmarks related to latin-1 / UTF-8 that are apparently taking 100s of
> times longer than they used to.  This applies both to master and
> stable-2.0.
>
> The latter may be a red herring, though, because my build log for
> stable-2.0 indicates a backtrace in the middle of the benchmarking,
> again related to latin-1:

OK, I think the benchmark backtrace/performance is caused by me having
inadvertently uninstalled my French locales recently.  I've reinstalled
them now, so hopefully those benchmarks will return to normal
performance.

I doubt that's related to the problem compiling analyze.go though - I'll
see if I still see that tomorrow.

       Neil