Re: Build Error in Master

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Build Error in Master
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 21:46:59 -0500

Hi Noah,

Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:
> When building the latest git master, I get this error:
>
>   GUILEC language/tree-il/compile-glil.go
> Assertion failed: (table->n_items < size), function rob_from_rich,
> file weak-table.c, line 252.
>
> Has weak-table.c changed recently?

This is just a guess, but the recent elisp branch merge renumbered many
of the VM instructions.  After I recompiled the C files, Guile failed
ungracefully with mysterious errors.  Deleting all of the .go files and
recompiling them fixed the problem for me.

I found this a bit surprising, because the elisp merge _did_ bump the
SCM_OBJCODE_MINOR_VERSION in _scm.h from 0 to 1.  I would have expected
that to force recompilations of the older .go files, but apparently it
doesn't.

   Regards,
     Mark