Re: My Guile TODO list

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: My Guile TODO list
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 23:31:42 +0100

Hi Mark!

Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> skribis:

> I occasionally talk about my large Guile TODO list, and sometimes people
> say that I should put it somewhere public.  Okay, here it is (not
> including my ticked messages in Gnus).  It includes some items that are
> probably controversial, especially near the end,

Obviously I stopped reading here and hit C-M->.  :-)

I’ll just pick one item:

> * FFI overhaul
>    * Native code generation where possible, else generated C code

For ‘pointer->procedure’, we could use GNU lightning to generate subrs,
which would save us from the need to go through ‘foreign-call’.

This would make things equivalent to hand-written subrs in terms of
performance.  I’m not sure it’s crucial, though.

Thanks,
Ludo’.