Re: The dynamic stack

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: The dynamic stack
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 01:05:59 -0500

Hello,

>> The “dynwind stack” actually (I misread it the first time.)
>
> Yes, it did have this name before.  (More often, "the wind list".)  But
> since "dynwind" is overloaded so much (dynamic-wind operator, <dynwind>,
> scm_dynwind_*), and the dynamic stack can have other things on it like
> prompts, I thought it best to give it a new name.

I see your point about the old name, but I find the new name
confusing. What about the stack that holds regular program variables
and temporaries? That is also dynamic, so at first I thought you were
referring to that. I didn't know what was going on until this email.

I thought of "control stack", since the things on it deal with control
flow. But that is also confusing, because it doesn't include return
addresses and frame pointers.

Noah