Re: GNU Guile 2.0.4 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.0.4 released
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:46:58 +0100

On Tue 31 Jan 2012 14:20, address@hidden (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Regarding bug fixing, there’s probably room for improvement.  For
> instance, when a bug is filed, we could assign a target release for the
> fix, and stick to it.  Perhaps we could have a more formal freeze window
> also, during which we would only fix new bugs and be extremely
> conservative about anything else.

I don't know.  Releases are also energetic times, when people become
more active -- and it's not always activity that can be redirected to
fixing bugs, unfortunately :/ So  if we're too strict, we might lose
some of that without it going in other productive directions.

The local-eval thing was not satisfying for many reasons, and it did
delay the release.  Still, it's good to have it in and settled.

> What do you think?

I guess in summary: I don't know :)

Andy
--