Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optnam

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optname-from of "_^"
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 06:04:11 -0800

On 01/26/12 22:19, Mark H Weaver wrote:
Then either it ought to have printed the location, or there are new
wrinkles in the file/line number stuff that I need to know about.

Your code looks good to me, and should allow source locations to be
properly reported in error messages.

It turns out that this was simply a bug in Guile.

That's a relief to me!  (I'd still advocate adding it to Guile. :)

I have produced a patch to fix these error messages, and will post it as
soon as I have thoroughly tested it (within a couple of hours), in the
hopes that it may be included in 2.0.4.

Excellent.

Ideally, you would also call 'scm_set_port_column_x' here.  Otherwise,
the column numbers of errors on the first line will not be reported
properly.

All I can do is set the first line column to zero.
I don't track the columns.

    scm_set_port_column_x(port, SCM_INUM0); // yes?

Thank you!

Regards, Bruce