Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optnam

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optname-from of "_^"
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:22:26 -0800 (PST)

> From: Bruce Korb <address@hidden>

>>  unknown location: definition in expression context in subform optname-from
> of "_^"
>>  Scheme evaluation error.  AutoGen ABEND-ing in template
>>          /old-home/ROOT/usr/local/share/autogen/aginfo.tpl on line 163
>>  Failing Guile command:  = = = = =
>>
>>  (define opt-name       "")
>>  (define extra-ct       0)
>>  (define extra-text     "")
>>  (define optname-from   "A-Z_^")  ;;<<<=== is something
> wrong here?  What, exactly?
>>  (define optname-to     "a-z--")
>>  (make-tmp-dir)
>
> what is the message trying to say?

For some reason, it thinks that you're not at the top level, but
instead in the middle of some expression.

It might be saying that you've missed a close parenthesis
on a define somewhere above.  The following would give the same error:

(define (func x)
   (1+
    (define optname-from "A-Z_^"))

But if that were true, you'd expect it to bork on one of the other
lines in your code snippet as well.

You could try having EMACS re-indent the whole buffer to see if you
slipped a paren.  Otherwise, I don't know.

-Mike