Re: Reference documentation of modules and library

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Reference documentation of modules and library
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 06:13:54 -0800 (PST)

> From: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
> Hi Mike,
>
> I think “Standard Library” should eventually be merged into “Guile
> Modules”.

I could try it.  It'll take me a few weeks to geto to it, though.

> Regarding standard/extended/3rd-party library, how about adding
> second-level sections to sort by theme?
>
> For instance, formatted output, pretty-printing, and expect could be
> grouped together; sxml, and (sxml match), and perhaps Texinfo ditto;
> etc.

They could definitly use a better ordering: sxml and sxml-match
should be together.

Second-level sections might help, but they might feel excessive.

> As for SLIB and Jacal, I’m not sure they even run with Guile 2.0.  Has
> anyone tried lately?

Much of Slib still works.  It does use some removed functions.

The installation has problems.  Its makefile installs slib into
a directory that Guile doesn't search, and the makefile needs to be
modified to run at all if Jaffer's "scm" is not installed.

I ended up writing my own autotools wrapper for slib to get it to
install.

Thanks,

Mike