Re: Reference documentation of modules and library

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Reference documentation of modules and library
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 13:04:36 +0100

Hi Mike,

I think “Standard Library” should eventually be merged into “Guile
Modules”.  The reason it’s separate currently is that its contents are
automatically extracted from the module comments, which is inherited
from Guile-Lib.  But merging them also means improving their integration
with the rest of the manual, possibly rewriting parts, IMO.  Would you
like to work on it?  :-)

Regarding standard/extended/3rd-party library, how about adding
second-level sections to sort by theme?

For instance, formatted output, pretty-printing, and expect could be
grouped together; sxml, and (sxml match), and perhaps Texinfo ditto;
etc.

WDYT?

As for SLIB and Jacal, I’m not sure they even run with Guile 2.0.  Has
anyone tried lately?

Thanks,
Ludo’.