Re: guile 2012

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guile 2012
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 23:50:09 +0100

Hello!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> I think 2012 will be a good year for Guile.  We'll be solidifying the
> 2.0 series, even as we start producing the first pre-release or two of
> 2.2.  I would really love to get a register VM and a first stab at
> native compilation out this year.  We'll see.

Sounds like a nice plan.  :-)

> If I could vote for one thing to focus on in 2012, for the broader Guile
> community, I'd pick two things ;-) I'd pick Guile in Emacs, first of
> all.

Me too!  That’s also a good chance to re-glue part of GNU together.

Other such opportunities are also worth considering.  For instance,
there are people on the GDB list discussing Guile integration (although
the reason that triggered the discussion is questionable IMO):

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gdb.announce/59

[...]

> Again, speaking personally, 2011 has really been great.

For me too it’s been really pleasant and instructive.

Thanks,
Ludo’.