Re: Syntax Parameters documentation for guile

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Syntax Parameters documentation for guile
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:47:50 +0100

Hi Ian,

Thanks for writing these docs, and thanks to Eli for commenting on them.

I have pushed a couple commits to Guile that provide
define-syntax-parameter and syntax-parameterize on the stable-2.0
branch, in addition to the support that was already there on master.

Unlike the implementation on master, which correctly restricts
syntax-parameterize to operate only on syntax parameters, stable-2.0's
syntax-parameterize works on all bindings, for back compatibility with
`fluid-let-syntax'.

The point, of course, is to allow Guile 2.0 code to use the syntax
parameter API, even if the implementation is only fully landed in Guile
2.2.  That way when users upgrade, they don't have to change their code.

I have deprecated fluid-let-syntax, so let's please not speak of it any
more :-)

On Wed 04 Jan 2012 01:33, Eli Barzilay <address@hidden> writes:

>> In case anyone else has any comments, the modified version is
>> included below. Now I'm off to learn about texinfo :)
>
> (Ugh, medieval programming...)

Goes along with the "guild" stuff, I guess :)

Ian, just edit doc/ref/api-macros.texi.  You don't need to know very
much in the way of formatting; just follow the examples there and you'll
be good.

Thanks again!

Andy
--