Re: Undocumented procedures

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Undocumented procedures
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 14:28:33 -0800 (PST)

> From: Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden>
 >>  scm_display
>
> A matter of adding it as a @deffnx below ‘display’ under “Scheme Write”.
>
>>  scm_puts
>
> This and scm_putc should be documented, yes.
>
>>  scm_new_port_table_entry
>
> Actually the whole port subsystem is undocumented.  :-(  So yes, would
> be great to document.

OK.  I'll try to come up with a patch for the above 3.

>>  scm_sym2var
>
> It’s public for historical reason, but I personally don’t like it,
> because it has a stupid name and complex semantics.  ;-)

> Depending on what you’re doing, you may be able to use one of the scm_c_
> functions in modules.h.  WDYT?

It always bothered me, though, that the many scm_c_lookup and
scm_c_{public,private}_* procedures have so many non-local exits.
It does seem like a lot of C code is necessary just to check if a
variable is there or not, since you have to catch all the exceptions.

> Anyway, patches appreciated on the doc front!

I'll see what I can do.