Re: summary: lilypond, lambda, and local-eval

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: summary: lilypond, lambda, and local-eval
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 03:08:35 -0500

I wrote:
> The <compiler-environment> would include a list of lexical variable
> names (<var> ...), which must exactly correspond to the closure slots of
> the `case-lambda', in order to implement `local-eval'.  We _might_ also
> need to include some information about how those variables are stored,

Sorry, this paragraph should have ended here.  The following unfinished
caveat should have been deleted:

> e.g. a flag telling whether they are boxed.  (Usually they will all be
> boxed, but

I was thinking about an edge case where the result of (the-environment)
never escapes the local block, and thus a clever optimizer might be able
to avoid boxing some of the lexicals.  However, I later realized that
this could only happen if the returned environment was never passed to
`local-eval', in which case none of this matters anyway.

     Mark