Re: when and unless

From: Chris K. Jester-Young
Subject: Re: when and unless
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 14:05:52 -0500

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 08:48:01AM +0100, Marijn wrote:
> Couldn't help but wonder why they don't return the value of the last
> body form, so I looked around a bit and both CLHS[1] and my racket
> REPL seem to agree that they should:
[...]
> Is there some other source that suggests that the return value should
> be unspecified?

This isn't so much because the return value is somehow specified or
useful, but rather to avoid breaking tail position. See this discussion
I had with Eli Barzilay where this is explained:

http://rotty.yi.org/irclogs/freenode/%23scheme/2011-11-02/#e208

(Start at the 07:24 timestamp if the fragment reference isn't working.)

Cheers,
Chris.