Re: *current-language*

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: *current-language*
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 19:36:35 -0500

> I guess in general I'd prefer something like Racket's #!lang directives,
> though I'm not opposed to this approach.  Dunno!

How about using language directives when available, and trying to
guess the language when not?

And about the directives, what should they be? ',language' is what we
used to use at the REPL, and I was about to write an email arguing for
that, until I realized that there is one big advantage to using the
same thing as Racket - we might actually share some languages.

Specifically, if someone had a Scheme file that started with '#!lang
r5rs', it's possible that Guile and Racket could both run that file
without modification. That seems pretty cool. Mixing other languages
could be scary though.

Noah