Re: Paths as sequences of path components

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: Paths as sequences of path components
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 21:51:30 -0500

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
> we miss your hack-energy in Guile :-)

Thanks for the encouragement, and also for forgiving my frequently poor
social skills :)  Free time has been scarce in the last 8 months (thanks
to my 8-month-old nephew) but I would indeed like to finally get to work
on improving Guile's string handling.

>> I really like the basic gist behind Noah's proposal, to allow programs
>> to optionally represent paths (roughly) as sequences of path components.
>
> This sounds cool.  Want to work on it?

Before embarking on paths as sequences of path components, I would first
like to figure out how best to handle posix byte strings.

> Do you still have the same proposal regarding bytestrings?

I've had second thoughts about my last proposal.  I will outline my
recent thoughts on this subject in another email, hopefully in the next
few days.

      Mark