Re: Build Bug in wip-peg

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Build Bug in wip-peg
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:14:11 +0200

On Sat 03 Sep 2011 22:38, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> It's been a while, but I just got the wip-peg branch from the main
> repository and tried to build it. After doing "make clean && make", I
> get this error:
>
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_rpl_open", referenced from:
>       _scm_open_file in libguile_2.0_la-fports.o
>       _scm_load_objcode in libguile_2.0_la-objcodes.o
>       _scm_copy_file in filesys.o
>       _scm_copy_file in filesys.o
>       _scm_open_fdes in filesys.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
>
> However, I do not get an error when I build the master branch. Since
> wip-peg is based on the stable branch, I assume that some build change
> between stable and master made it work on my system. Can anyone
> suggest what that might be?

wip-peg is based on stable-2.0, not master.  Perhaps it was something
fixed later in stable-2.0.  Does the problem persist if you "git merge
origin/stable-2.0"?  If not, then we should probably rebase the branch
again.

It will be great when we finally merge this branch :-)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/