Re: guild hall update

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guild hall update
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 22:32:40 +0200

Hi Andy,

This all sounds great, but I wanted to contribute on the most important
point:

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> Another big change is that I renamed the package.  The problem was that
> the package itself isn't really a "guild hall" -- it marks you as a
> member of the guild, giving you access to various guild halls on the
> net.  After some hemming and hawwing I renamed it to "sigil" -- a
> graphic sign that marks you as a member of some group.  It's your guild
> sigil?

Wikipedia says that sigils have to do with magic:

  https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Sigil_%28magic%29

(WordNet, like me, didn’t know the word.)

Wikipedia’s page on “guild” doesn’t mention it:

  https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Guild

Maybe “seal”?

See you soon!

Ludo’.