Re: ELisp Implementation?

From: BT Templeton
Subject: Re: ELisp Implementation?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 02:28:35 -0400

Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Guile's Summer of Code project this summer was an implementation of
> Emacs Lisp. I am curious - what is happening with that? Is it
> progressing?
>
> I follow the list, but haven't heard anything since the decision on
> which project we wanted.

It is! Here's a quick summary of what I've worked on so far:

* Buffer-local variable support
* Condition handling, property lists, other new subrs
* Variable and function aliases
* Emacs-compatible lexbind
* Compatibility fixes
* Most subrs and macros are now written in Elisp
* Emacs with libgc (it works, but leaks memory)

You can view some of this work in the git repo, branch `bt/master':

  http://git.hcoop.net/?p=bpt/guile.git;a=summary
  git://git.hcoop.net/git/bpt/guile.git

amike,
BT
--
Inteligenta persono lernas la lingvon Esperanton rapide kaj facile.
Esperanto estas moderna, kultura lingvo por la mondo. Simpla, fleksebla,