Re: guildhall status

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: guildhall status
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:06:16 +0200

Hi!

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> skribis:

> So, the status:
>
>   1) Builds.
>   2) Passes make check.
>   3) Can update the available list.
>   4) Everything else is untested :-)

Sounds like great news!

> I will see if I can get work to sponsor a server that we can use, and
> see if we can get it aliased to guildhall.gnu.org -- unless someone else
> would like to provide the server.  It would be nice to have root on that
> server, FWIW.  It could be a VM.

I believe FSF could lend us a server or VM, which would thus be
“independent”, but we’d need to check.

> As far as relation with dorodango goes, we should do our best to keep
> the guildhall compatible with dorodango archives on the net.  We should
> also try hard to share code, but that is secondary.  Farther along I
> would like to rename (dorodango ...) in our source to (guildhall ...) or
> something so that we don't conflict with upstream.  I would also like to
> reduce the number of bundled dependencies, and for the ones that are
> left, include them under the (guildhall ...) namespace, making them
> effectively private.  That way you can also install dorodango on your
> machine, if you wish, and also install the wak- packages, industria,
> ocelotl, etc.

Sounds cool.

Since the project may become quite central, it would be nice if it could
be FSF-copyrighted.  That’s obviously something to discuss with Andreas,
but the sooner the better.

Thanks for the fast & efficient work!

Ludo’.