Re: scm_internal_stack_catch

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: scm_internal_stack_catch
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:29:27 +0200

On Fri 06 May 2011 16:21, <address@hidden> writes:

> I've been slowly (very slowly!) debitrotting scwm.

Cool!  I've been (very slowly!) catching up to the present with regards
to guile-devel.

> There is currently a deprecation warning for scm_internal_stack_catch.
> The warning says to talk to guile-devel.  So I'm talking.  ;^) What
> should this be replaced with?

Here's the deal.

  1) Internal_stack_catch uses the the-last-stack fluid, which Guile no
     longer has.

  2) It is also a "lazy catch", meaning that it unwinds the dynamic
     state to the catch, but doesn't unwind the stack.  Guile doesn't
     allow this any more.  This may or may not have repercussions for
     you.

Instead, in Guile 2.0, your best bet is to use
`call-with-error-handling'.  See "Pre-Unwind Debugging" in the manual,
for more.

Regards,

Andy
--