Re: Patch: New section "Invoking Guile" for chapter "Programming in Sche

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Patch: New section "Invoking Guile" for chapter "Programming in Scheme"
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:23:53 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Mon 25 Apr 2011 21:49, Mark Harig <address@hidden> writes:

>> > "3. No patch introduces a regression: after applying any
>> > initial part of the series, the resulting project still
>> > compiles and works, and has no bugs that it didn’t have
>> > before."
>>
>> Right, at the end of applying all of your patches, I'm sure that's the
>> case; however the first patch adds an @include without adding the
>> appropriate file, so applying just the first patch without the following
>> two would yield a project that doesn't compile.  I just meant that you
>> need to squish the first two or three of them together.  I can do that
>> when I apply them, though.

I went ahead and did this.  Your commit logs were good but in the future
please provide an initial description line, and wrap the change
descriptions to 72 characters.  See any of the Guile commit messages for
examples.

> In order to expedite this change, I am attaching the three updated patches.

I'm sorry that our back-and-forth distracted us from actually making
forward progress.  I have applied your patches, and the changes should
be in 2.0.2's manual.

Thanks again,

Andy
--