Re: no more *.la files in libgc-dev

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: no more *.la files in libgc-dev
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 11:27:41 +0200

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> Le Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:15:23 +0200,
> Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> a écrit :

>> The solution (other than just removing the offending .la files) would be to
>> re-build and re-install all software depending on libgc-dev, including
>> g-wrap, as to get rid of the stale references to libgc's .la file.
>>
>> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=625187
>>
>> Regards, Rotty
>
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thanks your explanation. Though I just uninstalled rebuilt/installed g-wrap
> [v1.9.13-13-geeb1aae for guile-gnome-platform compatibility issues] and
> 'it' did build/install .la files: missing something?

No, that's expected: .la files are still built and installed by the
(upstream) G-Wrap, it's just that the corresponding Debian package
doesn't contain them anymore -- getting rid of .la files is a Debian
packaging thing, no change to upstream code or build system is made.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>