Re: How can I tell guile to shut up? ;)

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: How can I tell guile to shut up? ;)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:24:06 +0200

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> After some thinking, the base thing to do is just to add a warning port,
> and make warnings (non-fatal informative messages) write to that port.
> I have done this in the attached patches.  Any objections?

Great thing to do -- this adds quite some flexibility that can be put to
good use.

One thing about the implementation, though: I don't quite like that
`%current-warning-port' (as already hinted at in the source) is intended
to be private (but isn't, but that's another, harder, issue), however
there is no way to redirect the warnings to another port for a dynamic
extent save for using that (assumably) private API.  How about
(especially since it looks like R7RS will include a subset of it in the
small language) moving SRFI 39 into the core and using that?

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>