Re: exit & dynamic wind

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: exit & dynamic wind
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 23:43:10 +0200

On Wed 30 Mar 2011 23:25, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> We didn't see this issue before because compiling eval.scm did not cause
> a `throw'.  Interesting, no?  But since I changed the implementation of
> ensure-writable-dir to one that probably throws, we see this error.

Sorry, forgot to mention something else.  ensure-writable-dir caused the
build to see these errors.  The patch under consideration -- allowing
the stack to unwind during a throw to `quit' -- also exercised this
case.  I didn't understand it at the time, so I reverted and moved on.
But then the ensure-writable-dir thing brought up the issue again, so
thence the fix, so thence the ability to unwind the stack on a throw to
`quit', even before eval.scm is compiled.

This probably still isn't clear; please ask if you have more questions!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/