Re: Take some lowhanging fruit to speed up R6RS fixnum operations

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Take some lowhanging fruit to speed up R6RS fixnum operations
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:05:54 +0200

On Wed 23 Mar 2011 00:20, Andreas Rottmann <address@hidden> writes:

> In porting dorodango[0], I have noticed that Guile's R6RS fixnum
> operations are quite slow; here's a patch to remedy that a bit.

What is the state of things here?  I'm a bit lost in the discussion :)

You said that decompressing the zip file takes 74 seconds with Guile as
it is now.  What if you change to use Guile's arithmetic instead of
fxops?  That would give is a good baseline so that we can know how much
overhead the fxops have.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/