Re: problems solved by AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS [was: cross building 1.9.14

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: problems solved by AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS [was: cross building 1.9.14 for mingw]
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:34:37 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues schreef op zo 20-03-2011 om 09:21 [+0100]:

> Bruno already explained why it is not a good idea to let DESTDIR
> be the indicator of whether to look in /usr or not.

Ouch, I think I missed that.  Does someone have a pointer?
Also, why look in /usr before looking in gcc's library search path?
If we'd look in /usr last, $DESTDIR builds would most probably
not even need this --with-sysroot option and all would be happy?

Greetings,
Jan.

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ®  http://AvatarAcademy.nl