Re: The usage of -dtrace-scheme-coverage in Lilypond

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: The usage of -dtrace-scheme-coverage in Lilypond
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:31:20 -0300

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM, zhangxy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear hanwen,
> Now I want to analyze the test coverage of Lilypond. I find the option
> -dtrace-scheme-coverage. It says that the option can record coverage of
> Scheme files in `FILE.cov'. Then I do the following
>>
>> lilypond -dtrace-scheme-coverage test.ly
>
> But it gives me the error
>>
>> throw from within critical section.

trace-scheme-coverage relies on a hack in the GUILE evaluator that I
added in 2007, which records a symbol's source location the moment
that symbol is looked up. The glue on the lilypond side is in
scm/coverage.scm. This feature was removed in 2010, when the GUILE
folks rewrote the evaluator, before ever seeing the light in a GUILE
release.

Apparently there is a new mechanism for finding coverage.  See
https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Code-Coverage.html
- perhaps you can work out a way with the guile folks to resurrect
lilypond's test coverage code.