Re: hygiene and macro-introduced toplevel bindings

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: hygiene and macro-introduced toplevel bindings
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 23:37:57 +0100

On Mon 28 Feb 2011 22:28, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> But you have to, I think.  If that module that contained the above
> define-syntactic-accessor expansion exports "foo", then in another
> module you have:
>
>   (define bar (lambda () (foo)))
>
> which expands to
>
>   (define bar (lambda () val-234123))
>
> Val needs to be named.

Everyone appears to want gensymmed names.  OK!  Let's consider this to
be a bug, and that at some point in the future, Guile will start
gensymming this names.

Todo: more globally-unique gensyms, ideally some variable property work
(yet another plist implementation??), and finally the psyntax patches to
tie things together.

If people want to make this go faster, start working on the gensyms.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/