Re: Cross-compiling Guile 2.0

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling Guile 2.0
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 23:12:40 +0100

Hi Neil,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> In principle, how should Guile 2.0 be cross-compiled?  I'm thinking
> mostly of the part of the build that compiles all the installed modules.

Guile 2.0 can only be cross-compiled when the endianness and word size
of the host and target match (because the bytecode generation cannot be
parameterized by these.)

When that is the case, it can’t hurt to have $builddir/module in
$LOAD_COMPILED_PATH.

Of course, $GUILE_FOR_BUILD must point to a native Guile 2.0.

Hope this helps,
Ludo’.