Re: Cross-compiling Guile 2.0

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: Cross-compiling Guile 2.0
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 22:41:57 +0100

On Sat 05 Mar 2011 20:47, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> In principle, how should Guile 2.0 be cross-compiled?  I'm thinking
> mostly of the part of the build that compiles all the installed
> modules.

I have never cross-compiled anything, so I really don't know.

Ideally we could make a cross-compiling Guile that executed on the host,
but produced .go files for the target.

Hummmmmm.  Does that mean that for cross-compile builds, that we should
not add the $builddir to the LOAD_COMPILED_PATH?  Probably so, right?  A
cross-compiler probably doesn't autocompile either.  So then the
cross-compiler receives as its inputs the source files from a project,
then produces .go files for the target, but does not load .go files from
the target.

Does that sound right to you?

Andy
--