Re: PEG Parser

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: PEG Parser
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 11:52:43 +0100

On Wed 23 Feb 2011 16:10, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> writes:

> I need to ask for help in order to work on this more. I thought I
> would first move the code-generating functions to their own module. It
> seems like this should be a simple and obviously-correct
> transformation, because I didn't change any code - just moved it to
> its own module, and replaced its definition by a (use-modules ...)
> clause. Yet I have somehow created an error, and I don't see why.

I haven't tried it yet, but there is a circularity: peg-sexp-compile
from your (ice-9 peg codegen) references peg-string-compile, but
peg-string-compile is implemented in (ice-9 peg).

I'm not sure exactly how to break that circle.  For now if you're
feeling hacky, you can ((module-ref (resolve-interface '(ice-9 peg))
'peg-string-compile) ...) in that (peg ...) case.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/