Re: SCM_BOOL_T became #nil -- et al. ?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: SCM_BOOL_T became #nil -- et al. ?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:42:00 +0100

On Fri 25 Feb 2011 12:46, Hans Aberg <address@hidden> writes:

>   $ guile-config compile
>   -D_THREAD_SAFE -I/usr/local/include/guile/2.0 -I/usr/local/include

The -I/usr/local/include is added for some other library that Guile
depends on -- GMP or libgc or something else.

For example on my system I have Guile installed into /opt/guile, and
libgc and everything else in /usr, and I get:

  $ guile-config compile
  -pthread -I/opt/guile/include/guile/2.0

>> The problem this thread is about is if you have Guile 1.8 or previous
>> eheaders installed in /usr.
>
> The directory /usr/local/include/ is added by the compiler. So
> possibly, if one has the 1.8 header, it will be included even when
> using `guile-config compile`.

Depends on your system, I think.  But yes, this is a danger.  Hopefully
it won't be as "dangerous" when we live in a 2.0+-only world.  I have
been meaning to write an article or FAQ about /usr/local, and this is a
good point.

Cheers,

Andy
--