Re: Bug in Guile's Posix Networking

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Bug in Guile's Posix Networking
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 20:22:57 -0500

Hi,

> #x49 is 73 :)

If I knew a facepalm emoticon, I would use it now. :)

> Could the lseek could be the problem?

Maybe, but I suspect not. My man page for lseek says that lseek will
fail with ESPIPE if it is called on a socket, and my errno.h defines
ESPIPE to be 29, which is the error we got. So that's what's happening
there.

However, I looked to see where the lseek call was coming from, and it
happens in scm_fdes_to_port, on line 564 of fports.c. The lseek is
done for the purpose of checking whether the port supports lseek, and
when it returns -1, we put an entry into some data structure (port
table?) saying that it doesn't support random access. So it looks like
that error is actually expected in the port code.

Noah